All heating systems are not created equal. If you aren't happy with your current heating situation, there are many excellent reasons to consider ductless options. When it comes to comfort, efficiency, flexibility and ease of installation, ductless technology is the clear winner. No traditional heating system offers all the benefits and features of a ductless split system. Compared to other electric heating methods, Mitsubishi Electric ductless heat pumps are 40 percent more efficient. Heating and cooling costs account for half of a home's energy consumption, so the savings are significant. If you're comparing a ductless heating system with a traditional heat pump or furnace, here's what you should know.
Personalized Heating Systems for your Lifestyle
Whether you want extra warmth in one room or need to heat your entire home, there's a ductless HVAC system that will fit your requirements and provide the ideal level of comfort. Each indoor air handler is controlled separately, and one outdoor unit can be used to heat an entire home. Ductless heat pumps are more efficient than traditional models and offer greater flexibility, especially in older homes that don't have existing ductwork or rely on radiant heaters. Plus, ductless systems can handle all of your cooling needs in the summer.
- Hot Start technology provides warm air immediately.
- Ductless systems eliminate drafts and blasts of cold air.
- Individually controlled indoor units provide personalized comfort.
- Multi-zone systems balance temperatures in each room.
- I-see™ Sensors detect and correct temperature discrepancies within a zone.
- The system controls program temperatures across multiple zones.
- Optional electric elements provide supplemental heat in extreme temperatures.
- Five individually controlled indoor units can be powered by one heat pump.
Energy-Efficient Ductless Heat Pumps
Over the past 30 years, Mitsubishi Electric has developed a number of innovative features to improve comfort and reduce power consumption. Energy experts recommend heat pumps with a heating seasonal performance factor (HSPF) rating of 8.6. Our ductless systems have an average HSPF rating of 10. Outdoor heat pumps are available in sizes ranging from 3,000 to 14,000 BTUs. Energy-efficient ductless heating systems work more effectively at lower temperatures than standard heat pumps. Unlike furnaces, ductless systems don't require fuel, and there's no need to worry about fluctuating fuel prices or poor combustion. Even the installation process is efficient.
- Ductless systems eliminate energy losses from leaky ducts.
- INVERTER-driven technology reduces short cycles and uses less energy.
- Split systems are more efficient than traditional heat pumps or furnaces.
- Hyper-heating mode provides efficient heat in low temperatures.
- Split systems handle cooling needs efficiently too.
- Energy Star products are eligible for tax credits and utility rebates.
Ductless HVAC systems are effective and efficient, which makes them an extremely attractive option for a variety of commercial and residential applications. To learn more about ductless heating and cooling options, find a local Mitsubishi Electric contractor today.